Write Precompensation refers to a method devised to increase the speed that the read/write heads wrote to the hard disk as they got closer to the center tracks. In older hard drives, there were the same number of sectors near the center of the platter or disk as there was within the outer tracks. To get the same number of bits in each sector, the bits had to be placed closer together in the center tracks. Another method devised to solve this problem was called Reduced Write Current.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!