Wi-Fi is often said to be an abbreviation for Wireless Fidelity as the Wi-Fi Alliance, who owns the technology used this term in early press releases. However, the term has no meaning. Wi-Fi is a wireless network standard initially developed for cable-free offices but has now been extended to offer Internet access from the wider community. It is based upon the IEEE 802.11 standard. Common applications for Wi-Fi include Internet and VoIP phone access, gaming, and network connectivity for consumer electronics such as televisions, DVD players, and digital cameras.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!