Windows Vista Starter was specifically designed for people in developing countries and technology markets to enable them to reach new opportunities by learning valuable computer skills. As such, Windows Vista Starter is designed for the new computer user and it is the most affordable Windows edition. While it only features some of the benefits as Windows Vista Home Basic, it still contains the essential programs and applications for those who only need to perform the basic tasks.
Windows Vista Starter Features
- Browse and search the Internet with Windows Internet Explorer 7.
- Communicate with family and friends from all around the world.
- Watch videos, listen to music and burn CDs with Windows Media Player.
- Send and receive email with Windows Mail featuring a a built-in Junk Mail Filter.
- Use Windows Photo Gallery to organize, edit, view, and share photos with family and friends.
- Use Parental controls to manage the rules for your children's computer usage.
- Use educational, productivity, small business, and other software designed for Windows.
- Stay protected with Windows Defender to help safeguard your PC against security threats.
- By using genuine software, you receive all updates and enhancements from Microsoft online.
According to Microsoft, Windows Vista Starter is not available in developed technology markets such as the United States, the European Union, Australia, or Japan. Windows Vista Starter ships on lower cost systems sold by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Microsoft OEM distributors in 139 countries. Hence, Windows Vista Starter is ideal and designed for beginner computer users.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows Vista Starter is licensed to run only on PCs with:
PCs with Intel Pentium M, Intel Core Duo, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2080, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2130, AMD Turion 64 Mobile (Single Core), AMD Turion 64X2 Dual-Core Mobile TL-50, TL-52, and TL-56.
- Intel Celeron, Celeron D, or Celeron M processors
- Intel Pentium 3 processors
- Intel Pentium 4 processors not supporting Hyper-Threading technology
- Intel Pentium 4 processors model 541, 531, 524, 661, 651, 641, 631, 630, 640, 650, 660, 670
- Intel Pentium D 800 series and Intel Pentium D 900 series
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2XXX
- AMD Athlon XP, Athlon 64, AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core, Duron, Geode, or Sempron processors
- PCs with similar value processors from other manufacturers
- 384 megabytes (MB) RAM or higher up to a maximum of 1024 megabytes (MB)
- 15 gigabytes (GB) free space up to a maximum 250 GB total hard disk space
- Super VGA 800x600 resolution video adapter
Suggested retail price, Ships on lower cost computers sold by OEMs and Microsoft OEM distributors.
Windows Vista Starter is a reduced-cost operating system that runs on low-cost, entry-level hardware, making it the most affordable way to experience the basic features of Windows Vista. Those requiring additional basic computing needs, should consider Windows Vista Home Basic.