According to Microsoft, Windows Vista Home Basic is ideal for home users who only require basic computing needs like e-mail, browsing the Internet, viewing photos, watching videos and listening to music. It is easy to set up and maintain and it allow you to quickly find what you're looking for on your computer. and the Internet, Windows Vista Home Basic will provide a safer, more reliable, and more productive computing experience while it helps to protect you from an unpredictable world.
Safer And More Reliable
According to Microsoft, Windows Vista is the safest and most secure version of Windows ever. With automatic defenses against malicious software and fraudulent websites, Windows Vista Home Basic enables you and your family to use your computer with greater confidence. With built-in parental controls, parents can manage the rules to help ensure their children's computer use is appropriate.
- Stay protected with Windows Defender to help safeguard your PC against security threats.
- Internet Explorer 7 includes dynamic security protection for a higher level of protection.
- Anti-phishing technology in Internet Explorer 7 helps protect you from fraudulent websites.
- Internet Explorer's protected mode protects against unwanted malicious software downloads.
- Parental controls lets you manage and set the rules for your children's computer usage.
- Windows User Account Control helps you lessen the risk of installing malicious software.
- The basic backup features helps you safeguard your files, photos, documents and more.
- By using genuine software, you receive all updates and enhancements from Microsoft online.
Easier To Set Up And Use
Windows Vista Home Basic makes it easy to find the files and programs you're looking for. Windows Vista introduces Instant Search: enhanced desktop search and organization that looks across all of your documents, e-mails, photos, and other files, organizing the results in the way you want them viewed. You are always a few keystrokes away from whatever you're looking for and this feature is available almost anywhere in Windows Vista. With the built-in web search of Internet Explorer 7, you'll spend less time searching for what you need and more time on the important activities.
Windows Vista Home Basic makes it easier than ever to set up your new computer. With built-in features that enable you to easily transfer all of your data and settings from your old computer to your new one, you'll be up and running on Windows Vista Home Basic in no time. In addition, by using genuine Windows software, you'll receive all updates and enhancements from Microsoft online.
Recommended System Requirements
Windows Vista Home Basic is licensed to run on PCs with:|
Windows Vista Home Basic is the edition of Windows for users with the most basic computing needs. The features in Windows Vista Home Basic also form the foundation of all of the other editions of Windows Vista, including Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate.