As Windows Vista™ allows multiple users to access a single computer with their own settings, anyone can use the Switch User option to log on to the computer without requiring the previous user to log off. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to use the Switch User option.
To Switch Users On Your Computer
- Although not necessary, the current user should save and close any open files and programs.
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the Start menu as shown below.
Click On The Right Arrow To Access The Switch User Option.
- Then click on Switch User.
- Now click the user you would like to switch to.
- Windows Vista will then switch to the user you selected.
Note: When you use the Switch User option, programs that previous users were using remain running in the background, which may decrease your computer's performance. In addition, multimedia programs, such as games and DVD software, might not work with the Switch User option.