Windows Vista™ includes a Recycle Bin, which basically acts as a safety cushion when you delete files or folders. These deleted items are then placed in the Recycle Bin, which usually appears on the desktop. In case your Recycle Bin has disappeared, here is a fairly easy way to get it back.
To Show The Windows Recycle Bin
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Personalization.
- In the left pane, click on Change desktop icons.
- Now use your mouse to select the Recycle Bin check box.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then show the Recycle Bin on your desktop.
Note: Just because your Recycle Bin may have been accidentally removed from the desktop, any of your deleted items are still moved to the Recycle Bin until you choose to permanently delete them.