Secondary Storage is the non-volatile or semi-permanent storage in your computer for holding files and information until it is needed. Secondary Storage includes devices like Hard Drives, Floppies, CD-ROMS and Tape Drives. As opposed to Primary Storage, which is the volatile or temporary storage (RAM) that the CPU uses for processing data and instructions, when the computer is shut off or loses power, all data in Primary Storage is lost but anything in Secondary Storage is retained.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!