Windows Vista™ provides functionality for us to Rename any of our Files, Folders and Icons on our computer. When you rename a file, you do not need to open the file in a program. All you have to do is simply locate the item using Windows Explorer or Computer and follow the below written steps.
To Rename Files, Folders And Icons
- Find the file, folder or icon you wish to rename.
- Then right-click on the file, folder or icon and select Rename.
- Or you can also press the F2 key on your Keyboard.
- This will convert the file, folder or icon name to a text box where you can edit the name.
- Type the new name and click the mouse cursor outside of the text box to save your changes.
- Windows Vista will then rename the file, folder or icon to the exact name specified.
Note: When renaming a file, do not change the file name extension if it is is displayed as it can render the file unusable. The file name extension is the last three characters after the period.