On the Windows Vista™ DVD, there are Windows Components (extra programs and utilities) that may or may not install during installation. For instance, Windows Defender is installed by default. In Windows Vista, one has the ability to turn off this feature if they are using a different Anti-Virus program. Turning off a feature does not uninstall the program and does not reduce hard disk space.
To Remove A Software Component
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Programs.
- Now click on Turn Windows features on or off to show all the features.
- To turn a Windows Vista feature off, clear the check box next to the feature.
- To turn a Windows Vista feature on, select the check box next to the feature.
- Now click on the OK button to have Windows Vista save and apply your changes.
- Then close any open Control Panel windows to return back to your Windows session.
- Depending on what features you have turned on or off, Windows may prompt you to reboot.
You Can Also Add / Remove Windows Programs By Reading: How To Properly Uninstall Programs