Reduced Write Current is a method devised to reduced the current as the read/write heads got closer to the center of a disk platter. In older hard drives, there were the same number of sectors near the center of the platter or disk as there was in the outer tracks. To get the same number of bits in each sector, the bits had to be placed closer together in the center tracks. Using the same magnetic current to write information to the center tracks would sometimes affect adjacent data.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!