RAM is an abbreviation for Random Access Memory. It is the area of your computer that stores the information and data for processing by the computer's CPU. Retrieving data from the hard drive is much slower, but once the data is loaded into RAM, it can be accessed instantly and randomly. RAM is volatile, which means that once you turn off the power, all data in memory will disappear. RAM is stored in chips on small circuit boards called SIMMs or DIMMs that then attach to the motherboard.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!