You can personalize the appearance of the Windows Vista™ desktop, menus, windows and other elements. You can also change the sounds used to indicate actions such as staring or shutting down your computer or receiving mail. This tip will help you access these personalization options.
To Personalize The Desktop
- Right-click on an empty area of the Desktop.
- Then click on Personalize.
- Now review the options displayed on the screen.
- Clicking an option displays more information for changing the appearance of the Desktop.
- Once you have initiated a specific personalization, click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then personalize the Desktop according to your selection.