An Optical Drive is a component used to read (and in some cases write) to optical disks like CDs and DVDs. Many optical drives can only read CDs (CD-ROM drives), others can read CDs and DVDs (DVD-ROM drives). Some optical drives can write to CDs (CD-R and CD-RW drives), and newer drives can write to DVDs (DVD-R, DVD-RAM, and DVD+RW drives). Apple has two new drives: Combo drive that handles DVD and CD RW. Superdrive DVD-R and CD RW. If you plan to use CD RW for machine backups but also want to watch DVD movies, the combo drive is best. If you have a need to burn commercial DVDs, the Superdrive would be the best choice as it offers all four options.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!