OCR is an abbreviation for Optical Character Recognition. It is the means of translating images of handwritten or typewritten text usually captured by an optical device into text which can then be edited. For instance, when your computer scans in text, all it sees are graphical bits on a virtual page. That text is not usable, searchable, or editable. If you pass the page through an OCR program, the software converts the graphic shapes into a text document. However, few documents are perfectly recognized but the conversion is often faster than typing text manually.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!