By default, Windows Vista™ places the Windows Sidebar on the right hand side of your screen. However, you can move the Sidebar to the left side of the screen or to a different monitor if you are using multiple monitors. Follow the steps below to move the Windows Sidebar to a new location.
To Move The Windows Sidebar
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Windows Sidebar Properties.
- Under Display Sidebar on this side of screen, select which side of the screen you want.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings and close the dialog box.
- Windows Vista will then move the Windows Sidebar accordingly.
Note: If you move the Sidebar to the left side of your screen, you may want to Keep the Windows Sidebar on top of other windows, or else the Sidebar and its gadgets may cover your Desktop icons.