Windows Vista™ allows multiple users to access a single computer with their own settings. Each user has a password to restrict access to their settings and files, and each user can log off without turning off the computer. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to log off Windows Vista.
To Log Off Your Computer
- Save and close any open files and exit any running applications.
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the Start menu as shown below.
Click On The Right Arrow To Access The Log Off Option.
- Then click on Log Off.
- Windows Vista will then log you off your computer system.
- To Log back on, click on your user name and enter the password if you originally created one.