Kbps is an abbreviation for Kilobits Per Second. It is usually used to express modem speeds. A 33.6Kbps modem theoretically transfers around 4.2 Kilobytes per second, as there are 8 bits per byte. 33.6 x 1000 = 33,600 ÷ 8 = 4.2 thousand bytes. For comparison, cable modems or asynchronous digital subscriber line (ADSL) technologies can transfer files about 100 times faster.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!