HTTP is an abbreviation for HyperText Transfer Protocol. It is the protocol used to carry requests from a web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, to a web server and to transport pages from web servers back to the requesting browser. Although HTTP is almost universally used on the Internet, it is not an especially secure protocol. One variation of HTTP known as SHTTP (Secure HTTP) adds encryption and other security features. Another, known as HTTPS (HTTP Secure) provides for encryption and transmission via a secure port. HTTPS was devised by Netscape Communications and it allows HTTP to run over a security technology known as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!