The Windows Vista™ Recycle Bin can be considered your safety net as far as deleted files or folders are concerned. Deleted items are placed in the Recycle Bin, which can be found on the desktop. In case you have no desire to have the Recycle Bin displayed, here is a very easy way to hide it.
To Hide The Windows Recycle Bin
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Personalization.
- In the left pane, click on Change desktop icons.
- Now use your mouse to remove the check mark from the Recycle Bin check box.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then hide and remove the Recycle Bin from your desktop.
Note: Just because you decide to no longer display the Recycle Bin on the desktop, any of your deleted items are still moved to the Recycle Bin until you choose to permanently delete them.