GMT is an abbreviation for Greenwich Mean Time. In the 1840s, the standard time was kept by the Royal Greenwich Observatory located at Greenwich, England. It was established for all of England, Scotland, and Wales, replacing many local times in use in those days. Subsequently GMT became the official time reference for the world until 1972 when it was taken under rule by the atomic clock-based coordinated universal time (UTC). GMT is also referred to as Universal Time.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!