Windows Vista™ provides functionality that allows us to delete no longer needed files, folders and other items on our computer. One should use caution when deleting items from your system. When you delete an item, it moves to the Recycle Bin and remains there until you empty the Recycle Bin.
To Delete Files, Folders And Icons
- Find the file, folder or icon you wish to delete.
- Then right-click on the file, folder or icon and select Delete.
- Or you can highlight the item with your mouse and press the Delete key on your Keyboard.
- Now click on Yes to send the file, folder or icon to the Recycle Bin.
- Windows Vista will then delete the file, folder or icon from the location you chose.
Note: Files, Folders and Icons deleted from external storage media or from a network are permanently erased and are not sent to the Recycle Bin. Do not delete any files, folders or icons that are part of an installed program. By doing so, you can render the installed program unusable.