In Windows Vista™ the Start Menu has a completely new design. In addition to switching the Start menu to Classic view, there are other options for personalizing the Start menu. For instance, you can change the picture that is used for the Start menu and make many other customizations.
To Customize The Start Menu
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Taskbar and Start Menu to explore the options.
- These options enable you to change the picture that is used for the Start Menu.
- Or you can switch to the Classic Start Menu and make other customizations.
- Windows Vista will then change the Start Menu according to your customizations.