Windows Vista™ also features the basic file-management commands that were available to us in Windows XP, such as copy, cut and paste. You can use these basic file-management commands to transfer data to removable media, such as flash drives or memory cards, to share with other people.
To Copy And Paste Files, Folders And Icons
- Find the file, folder or icon you wish to copy.
- Then right-click on the file, folder or icon and select Copy.
- Now navigate to the location where you want to paste the file, folder or icon.
- Then right-click the location and select Paste.
- Windows Vista will then paste the file, folder or icon to the specified location.
Note: Select Copy when you want to duplicate something and leave the original item intact. Select Cut when you want to physically move the original file, folder or icon to a new or different location.