By default, Internet Explorer in Windows Vista™ does not display the menu bar that was available in previous version of Windows. This is the menu bar that contains the options: File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Follow these steps to display the Classic Menu Bar in Internet Explorer.
To Display The Classic Menu Bar In Internet Explorer
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Internet Explorer.
- If Internet Explorer is not located on the left menu pane, click on All Programs.
- Then click on Internet Explorer to launch the application.
- Now select the Menu Bar from the Tools drop-down menu.
- Windows Vista will then display the Classic Menu Bar in Internet Explorer.
Note: Some applications in Windows Vista no longer display the Classic menu bar by default. These applications include Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, (My) Computer and Windows Media Player.