By default, Windows Media Player in Windows Vista™ does not display the menu bar that was available in previous version of Windows. This is the menu bar that contains the options: File, View, Play, Tools, and Help. Follow these steps to display the Classic Menu Bar in Windows Media Player.
To Display The Classic Menu Bar In Windows Media Player
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on All Programs.
- Now click on Windows Media Player to launch the application.
- Then right-click on an empty area of the current top menu taskbar.
- This can be on an area to the left of the Now Playing tab.
- Then select Show Classic Menus from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Windows Vista will then display the Classic Menu Bar in Windows Media Player.
Note: Some applications in Windows Vista no longer display the Classic menu bar by default. These applications include Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, (My) Computer and Windows Media Player.