The Classic view gives Windows Vista™ the look and feel of earlier versions. By changing your folders to the Classic view, it will turn off the Preview pane, Navigation pane and Toolbar in all folders. The Classic view gives you more room to display files as it hides panes you may not need.
To Change To The Classic Folder View
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click Folder Options and click on the General tab.
- Now under Tasks, click on Use Windows classic folders.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then display your folders in the Classic View.
Note: There are other ways to change the look of your folders to suit your needs such as opening all files and folders with a single click. You can explore the extra options listed under the View tab.