Windows Vista™ allows you to change your user account picture just in case you aren't happy with the user account picture you are currently using. You can select a different picture that is provided with Windows Vista or you can browse your computer for pictures and select your very own.
To Change A User Account Picture
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on Change your account picture.
- Click the picture you want to use from those displayed and then click on Change Picture.
- If you want to use a picture of your own, click on Browse for more pictures instead.
- Then browse to the picture on your computer that you want to use.
- Once located, click that picture and then click on Open to set it as your account picture.
Note: Your picture can be of any size, but it must be in a .bmp, .gif, .jpg, or .png file format. Your new user account picture will be used in all locations, including the Start Menu and Log On screens.