If you have created multiple user accounts, Windows will start up at the Welcome Screen and have you click on your user name to log on to the system with. Windows will display a basic picture, not only next to the user names, but also within the right column of the Start Menu. You can change to a different picture that is included with Windows or replace it with a picture of your own choosing.
To Change The Start Menu Picture
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on Change your account picture.
- Click the picture you want to use from those displayed and then click on Change Picture.
- If you want to use a picture of your own, click on Browse for more pictures instead.
- Then browse to the picture on your computer you want to use as your Start Menu picture.
- Once located, click that picture and then click on Open to set it as your Start Menu picture.
Note: Your picture can be of any size, but it must be in a .bmp, .gif, .jpg, or .png file format. Your newly selected picture will be used in all locations, including the Start Menu and Log On screens.