Windows Vista™ stores your deleted items in the Recycle Bin until you empty them. The default storage size, based on your hard drive, is quite large for the average user. However, a video editor may need much more storage than the default size. Here is how you can adjust the storage setting.
To Change The Size Of The Windows Recycle Bin
- On the desktop, right click directly on the Recycle Bin.
- Then click on Properties.
- Now click on the General tab and then locate the Maximum size (MB) box:.
- This setting defines the Recycle Bin's maximum size measured in Megabytes.
- Windows Vista is rather generous where the existing size can actually be reduced by half.
- Adjust the size accordingly and take note that hard drive space is being allocated for it.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then change the storage size of the Recycle Bin based on your entry.
Note: If you have multiple drives in your system or a single drive with multiple partitions, then you can click on each individual drive letter to configure the Recycle Bin storage space for each drive.