Baseband is a term defining any network in which the information is modulated onto a single carrier frequency. The digital input is applied directly to the transmission media without the intervention of a modulating device, which works well if there is wide bandwidth and distances no more than several hundred meters. It is common in LANs and limited distance modems. All stations attached to the network participate in every transmission. Simpler and cheaper than Broadband, it permits only one "conversation" at a time as the whole of the bandwidth is used to transmit a single digital signal.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!