In nearly all instances, when you insert an application CD or DVD of a program you want to install, the installation process should begin automatically. In those rare instances when the software installation does not automatically begin, then follow the below steps to install the new software.
To Add A New Software Program
- To see if the software is already installed on your computer, click on the Start button.
- Then click on All Programs. If the program is listed within, then it is already installed.
- Check the software requirements to ensure that it is fully compatible with your computer.
- In rare instances, you may have to temporarily disable the antivirus software on your system.
- If required, be sure to reenable the antivirus software after the installation is complete.
- Now insert the software installation CD or DVD and refer to the provided instructions.
- If the installation does not automatically run, click the Start button and click Computer.
- Now right-click the icon for the drive where you inserted the CD or DVD and click Open.
- Then browse for the installation file, which will usually be: Setup.exe or Install.exe.
- Double click on the installation executable file to begin the software installation.
- After you install the software, reenable the antivirus software if you had to disable it.