After Windows Vista™ is installed, the administrator or a user with administrator rights can create additional user accounts. For example, you may want to create additional user accounts so that more than one person can access the computer with their own settings and access permissions.
To Add An Additional User Account
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on User Accounts.
- Now click Manage another account.
- If you are prompted for a password or confirmation, enter it or provide confirmation.
- Now click on Create a new account.
- Enter a name for the new user account in the text box.
- Read the information on user accounts and select either Standard user or Administrator.
- Then click on Create Account.
Note: Depending on which version of Windows Vista you are using, additional options may be available. Options may also differ if your computer is connected to a domain.