10base-2 is an Ethernet IEEE 802.3 specification that uses a thin, RG-58 or similar, coaxial cable medium. It has a maximum transmission lengths of 185 meters and is connected (terminated) with BNC connectors. The 10 derives from the cable's maximum transmission speed of 10 millions of bits per second (Mbps). The BASE stands for baseband signaling, and the 2 represents the maximum segment length of 185 meters (607 feet), which is rounded up to 200 meters. Hence, the number 2.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!